- •DBT-only AD are associated with significant risk of malignancy.
- •Absence of 2-D mammography and sonographic correlate does not exclude malignancy.
- •DBT-VAB is recommended in case of DBT-only AD.
Abbreviations:AD (Architectural distortion), DBT (Digital breast tomosynthesis), 2D2D (mammography), DBT-VAB (Digital breast tomosynthesis- vacuum assisted biopsy)
- Breast tomosynthesis and digital mammography: a comparison of breast cancer visibility and BIRADS classification in a population of cancers with subtle mammographic findings.Eur Radiol. 2008; 18: 2817-2825https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-008-1076-9
- Detection of Mammographically Occult Architectural Distortion on Digital Breast Tomosynthesis Screening: Initial Clinical Experience.AJR. 2014; 203: 216-222https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.13.11047
- Tomosynthesis-detected Architectural Distortion: Management Algorithm with Radiologic-Pathologic Correlation.Radiographics. 2016; 36: 311-321https://doi.org/10.1148/rg.2016150093
- ACR BI-RADS Mammography Atlas Breast Imaging Reporting and Data System.5th Edition. Reston, VA, American College of Radiology2013
- Architectural Distortion of the Breast.AJR. 2013; 201: W662-W670https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.12.10153
- Architectural Distortion on Mammography: Correlation With Pathologic Outcomes and Predictors of Malignancy.AJR. 2015; 205: 1339-1345https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.15.14628
- Pathologic outcomes of architectural distortion on digital 2D versus tomosynthesis mammography.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: 1162-1167https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.17.17979
- Preoperative Tomosynthesis-guided Needle Localization of Mammographically and Sonographically Occult Breast Lesions.Radiology. 2015; 275: 377-383https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.14140515
- Outcome of Architectural Distortion Detected Only at Breast Tomosynthesis versus 2D Mammography.Radiology. 2018; 288: 38-46https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2018171159
- Initial Experience of Tomosynthesis-Guided Vacuum-Assisted Biopsies of Tomosynthesis-Detected (2D Mammography and Ultrasound Occult) Architectural Distortions.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2018; 210: 1395-1400https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.17.18802
- Suspicious findings at digital breast tomosynthesis occult to conventional digital mammography: imaging features and pathology findings.Breast J. 2015; 21: 538-542https://doi.org/10.1111/tbj.2015.21.issue-510.1111/tbj.12446
- Tomosynthesis-Guided Vacuum-assisted Breast Biopsy of architectural distortion without a sonographic correlate: a retrospective review.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 217: 845-854https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.20.24740
- Positive Predictive Value of Tomosynthesis-guided Biopsies of Architectural Distortions Seen on Digital Breast Tomosynthesis and without an Ultrasound Correlate.Journal of Clinical Imaging Science. 2019; : 9-53https://doi.org/10.25259/JCIS_134_2019
- Malignant Outcomes of Architectural Distortion on Tomosynthesis: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2021; 217: 295-303https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.20.23935
- Atypical Ductal Hyperplasia and Lobular Neoplasia: Update and Easing of Guidelines.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2020; 214: 265-275https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.19.21991
- Radial Scars of the Breast Encountered at Core Biospy: Review of Histologic, Imaging, and Management Considerations.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2017; 209: 1168-1177https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.17.18156
- Architectural distortion in the era of digital breast tomosynthesis: outcomes and implications for management.Clinical Imaging (54). 2019; 54: 133-137https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2019.01.004
- Review and management of breast lesions detected with breast tomosynthesis but not visible on mammography and ultrasonography.Acta Radiol. 2017; 58: 1442-1447https://doi.org/10.1177/0284185117710681
- Clinical utility of contrast-enhanced spectral mammography as an adjunct for tomosynthesis-detected architectural distortion.Clin Imaging (46). 2017; 46: 44-52https://doi.org/10.1016/j.clinimag.2017.07.003