- •Deep-leaning reconstruction algorithm can improve the image quality of low-tube-voltage coronary CT angiography.
- •Deep-leaning reconstruction with high level did not decrease the sharpness of the coronary artery.
Abbreviations:ASiR-V (adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction-Veo), AO (Aortic root), FBP (Filtered back-projection), BMI (Body mass index), bpm (Beats per minute), CAD (Coronary artery disease), CCTA (Coronary CT angiography), CNR (Contrast-noise ratio), DNN (Deep neural networks), CPR (Curved planar reformation), CTDIvol (Volumetric CT dose index), DLIR (Deep learning–based image reconstruction), DLP (Dose-length product), ED (Effective dose), ERD (Edge rise distance), HR (Heart rates), ICA (Invasive coronary angiography), IQ (Image quality), ROI (Region of interest), SD (Standard deviation), SNR (Signal-to-noise ratio), VR (Volume rendering)
- Use of Coronary Computed Tomographic Angiography to Guide Management of Patients With Coronary Disease.J Am Coll Cardiol. 2016; 67: 1759-1768https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jacc.2016.02.026
SCOT-HEART investigators. CT coronary angiography in patients with suspected angina due to coronary heart disease (SCOT-HEART): an open-label, parallel-group, multicentre trial. Lancet. 2015 Jun 13;385(9985):2383-91. doi: 10.1016/S0140-6736(15)60291-4. Epub 2015 Mar 15. Erratum in: Lancet. 2015 Jun 13;385(9985):2354.
- Estimating risk of cancer associated with radiation exposure from 64-slice computed tomography coronary angiography.JAMA. 2007 Jul 18; 298: 317-323https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.298.3.317
- Computed tomography–an increasing source of radiation exposure.N Engl J Med. 2007 Nov 29; 357: 2277-2284https://doi.org/10.1056/NEJMra072149
Stocker TJ, Deseive S, Leipsic J, et al., Reduction in radiation exposure in cardiovascular computed tomography imaging: results from the PROspective multicenter registry on radiaTion dose Estimates of cardiac CT angIOgraphy iN daily practice in 2017 (PROTECTION VI). Eur Heart J. 2018 Nov 1;39(41):3715-3723. doi: 10.1093/eurheartj/ehy546.
- Radiation dose of cardiac computed tomography - what has been achieved and what needs to be done.Eur Radiol. 2011 Mar; 21 (Epub 2010 Oct 19): 505-509https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-010-1984-3
- Coronary CT angiography of patients with a normal body mass index using 80 kVp versus 100 kVp: a prospective, multicenter, multivendor randomized trial.AJR Am J Roentgenol. 2011; 197: W860-W867https://doi.org/10.2214/AJR.11.6787
- Reducing both radiation and contrast doses in coronary CT angiography in lean patients on a 16-cm wide-detector CT using 70 kVp and ASiR-V algorithm, in comparison with the conventional 100-kVp protocol.Eur Radiol. 2019 Jun; 29 (Epub 2018 Nov 30): 3036-3043https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-018-5837-9
- The evolution of image reconstruction for CT-from filtered back projection to artificial intelligence.Eur Radiol. 2019 May; 29 (Epub 2018 Oct 30): 2185-2195https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-018-5810-7
Greffier J, Frandon J, Larbi A, et al., Pereira F. CT iterative reconstruction algorithms: a task-based image quality assessment. Eur Radiol. 2020 Jan;30(1):487-500. doi: 10.1007/s00330-019-06359-6. Epub 2019 Jul 29.
Jiahua Fan, Meghan Yue, and Roman Melnyk. Healthcare GE. Benefits of ASiR-V* Reconstruction for Reducing Patient Radiation Dose and Preserving Diagnostic Quality in CT Exams. Available from: https://www.gehealthcare.co.uk/-/media/6862ed3b10424182924e03a49f4a46d7.
Park CJ, Kim KW, Lee HJ, et al., Contrast-Enhanced CT with Knowledge-Based Iterative Model Reconstruction for the Evaluation of Parotid Gland Tumors: A Feasibility Study. Korean J Radiol. 2018 Sep-Oct;19(5):957-964. doi: 10.3348/kjr.2018.19.5.957. Epub 2018 Aug 6.
- Deep learning-based image restoration algorithm for coronary CT angiography.Eur Radiol. 2019; 29: 5322-5329https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-019-06183-y
- Deep learning reconstruction versus iterative reconstruction for cardiac CT angiography in a stroke imaging protocol: reduced radiation dose and improved image quality.Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2021; 11: 392-401https://doi.org/10.21037/qims10.21037/qims-20-626
- Impact of Deep Learning-based Optimization Algorithm on Image Quality of Low-dose Coronary CT Angiography with Noise Reduction: A Prospective Study.Acad Radiol. 2020; 27: 1241-1248https://doi.org/10.1016/j.acra.2019.11.010
- Incremental Image Noise Reduction in Coronary CT Angiography Using a Deep Learning-Based Technique with Iterative Reconstruction.Korean J Radiol. 2020; 21: 1165https://doi.org/10.3348/kjr.2020.0020
Benz DC, Benetos G, Rampidis G, et al., Validation of deep-learning image reconstruction for coronary computed tomography angiography: Impact on noise, image quality and diagnostic accuracy. J Cardiovasc Comput Tomogr. 2020 Sep-Oct;14(5):444-451. doi: 10.1016/j.jcct.2020.01.002. Epub 2020 Jan 13.
- CT dose: how to measure, how to reduce.Health Phys. 2008 Nov; 95: 508-517https://doi.org/10.1097/01.HP.0000326343.35884.03
- State of the Art in Abdominal CT: The Limits of Iterative Reconstruction Algorithms.Radiology. 2019; 293: 491-503https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2019191422
Hsieh J, Liu E, Nett B, Tang J, Thibault J, Sahney S. Healthcare GE. A new era of image reconstruction: TrueFidelity™ Technical white paper on deep learning image reconstruction; 2019 [1/1/2010]; Available from: https://www.gehealthcare.com/-/jssmedia/040dd213fa89463287155151fdb01922.pdf.
- Image quality and dose reduction opportunity of deep learning image reconstruction algorithm for CT: a phantom study.Eur Radiol. 2020; 30: 3951-3959https://doi.org/10.1007/s00330-020-06724-w
- Validation of Deep-Learning Image Reconstruction for Low-Dose Chest Computed Tomography Scan: Emphasis on Image Quality and Noise.Korean J Radiol. 2021; 22: 131https://doi.org/10.3348/kjr.2020.0116
- Deep learning-based image reconstruction for brain CT: improved image quality compared with adaptive statistical iterative reconstruction-Veo (ASiR-V).Neuroradiology. 2021; 63: 905-912https://doi.org/10.1007/s00234-020-02574-x
Cao L, Liu X, Li J, et al., A study of using a deep learning image reconstruction to improve the image quality of extremely low-dose contrast-enhanced abdominal CT for patients with hepatic lesions. Br J Radiol. 2021 Feb 1;94(1118):20201086. doi: 10.1259/bjr.20201086. Epub 2020 Dec 11.