- •CT Texture Analysis differentiates malignant from benign lung nodules with SUV < 2.5.
- •Kurtosis and Skewness are the most accurate Texture parameters observed.
- •Texture Analysis might be a non-invasive imaging biomarker to reduce lung biopsies.
Abbreviations:FDG PET/CT ([18F]- Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography), AUC (Area Under the Curve), CTLB (CT-guided lung biopsy), CTTA (CT Texture Analysis), MPP (Mean value of positive pixels), PACS (Picture archiving and communication system), ROSE (Rapid on-site evaluation), ROC curve (Receiver operating characteristics curve), ROI (Region of interest), SSF (Spatial scaling filter), SUV (Standardized uptake value)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Screening for lung cancer with low-dose spiral computed tomography.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2002; 165: 508-513
- Lung cancer: current therapies and new targeted treatments.Lancet. 2017; 389: 299-311
- Recent Trends in the Identification of Incidental Pulmonary Nodules.Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2015; 192: 1208-1214
J.E. Walter, M.A. Heuvelmans, G.H. de Bock, U. Yousaf-Khan, H.J.M. Groen, C.M. van der Aalst, K. Nackaerts, P.M.A. van Ooijen, H.J. de Koning, R. Vliegenthart, M. Oudkerk, Relationship between the number of new nodules and lung cancer probability in incidence screening rounds of CT lung cancer screening: The NELSON study, Lung Cancer 125 (2018) 103-108.
- Role of quantitative computed tomography texture analysis in the differentiation of primary lung cancer and granulomatous nodules.Quant Imaging Med Surg. 2016; 6: 6-15
- Guidelines for Management of Incidental Pulmonary Nodules Detected on CT Images: From the Fleischner Society 2017.Radiology. 2017; 284: 228-243
- Accuracy of positron emission tomography for diagnosis of pulmonary nodules and mass lesions: a meta-analysis.JAMA. 2001; 285: 914-924
- Role of Fluorodeoxyglucose Positron Emission Tomography-Computed Tomography in the Evaluation of Suspicious Pulmonary Nodules.Semin Roentgenol. 2017; 52: 166-172
- Diagnostic performance of fluorine-18 fluorodeoxyglucose positron emission tomography in the management of solitary pulmonary nodule: a meta-analysis.J Thorac Dis. 2018; 10: S779-S789
- Accuracy of PET/CT in characterization of solitary pulmonary lesions.J Nucl Med. 2007; 48: 214-220
- Assessment of Fluorodeoxyglucose F18-Labeled Positron Emission Tomography for Diagnosis of High-Risk Lung Nodules.JAMA Surg. 2018; 153: 329-334
F.C. Detterbeck, P.J. Mazzone, D.P. Naidich, P.B. Bach, Screening for lung cancer: Diagnosis and management of lung cancer, 3rd ed: American College of Chest Physicians evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, Chest 143(5 Suppl) (2013) e78S-e92S.
- Lung nodules: A comprehensive review on current approach and management.Ann Thorac Med. 2019; 14: 226-238
- Diagnosis and management of peripheral lung nodule.Ann Transl Med. 2019; 7: 348
- CT Texture Analysis: Definitions, Applications, Biologic Correlates, and Challenges.Radiographics. 2017; 37: 1483-1503
- Haralick's texture features for the prediction of response to therapy in colorectal cancer: a preliminary study.La Radiologia medica. 2018; 123: 161-167
- Primary esophageal cancer: heterogeneity as potential prognostic biomarker in patients treated with definitive chemotherapy and radiation therapy.Radiology. 2014; 270: 141-148
- Assessment of tumor heterogeneity by CT texture analysis: can the largest cross-sectional area be used as an alternative to whole tumor analysis?.Eur J Radiol. 2013; 82: 342-348
- CT texture analysis using the filtration-histogram method: what do the measurements mean?.Cancer Imaging. 2013; 13: 400-406
- Combined PET/CT image characteristics for radiotherapy tumor response in lung cancer.Radiother Oncol. 2012; 102: 239-245
- CT texture analysis of histologically proven benign and malignant lung lesions.Medicine (Baltimore). 2018; 97e11172
R. Boellaard, R. Delgado-Bolton, W.J. Oyen, F. Giammarile, K. Tatsch, W. Eschner, F.J. Verzijlbergen, S.F. Barrington, L.C. Pike, W.A. Weber, S. Stroobants, D. Delbeke, K.J. Donohoe, S. Holbrook, M.M. Graham, G. Testanera, O.S. Hoekstra, J. Zijlstra, E. Visser, C.J. Hoekstra, J. Pruim, A. Willemsen, B. Arends, J. Kotzerke, A. Bockisch, T. Beyer, A. Chiti, B.J. Krause, E.A.o.N.M. (EANM), FDG PET/CT: EANM procedure guidelines for tumour imaging: version 2.0, Eur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 42(2) (2015) 328-54.
- Quantifying tumour heterogeneity with CT.Cancer Imaging. 2013; 13: 140-149
- Texture analysis of non-small cell lung cancer on unenhanced computed tomography: initial evidence for a relationship with tumour glucose metabolism and stage.Cancer imaging : the official publication of the International Cancer Imaging Society. 2010; 10: 137-143
- Applying CT texture analysis to determine the prognostic value of subsolid nodules detected during low-dose CT screening.Clin Radiol. 2019; 74: 59-66
- Using neighborhood gray tone difference matrix texture features on dual time point PET/CT images to differentiate malignant from benign FDG-avid solitary pulmonary nodules.Cancer Imaging. 2019; 19: 56
- Radiomics analysis of pulmonary nodules in low-dose CT for early detection of lung cancer.Med Phys. 2018; 45: 1537-1549
- Lung-RADS: Pushing the Limits.Radiographics. 2017; 37: 1975-1993