- •40 keV delivers highest CNR for vessels and organ parenchyma.
- •Newly induced artifacts are exclusively found at low keV reconstructions.
- •Overall image quality and assessment of liver lesions is best at 80 keV.
Abbreviations:A (Mean attenuation), CNR (Contrast to noise ratio), DI (Default image), DLP (Dose length product), ED (Effective radiation dose), HU (Hounsfield units), keV (Kilo electron volt), N (Image noise), ROIs (Region of interest), VMI (Virtual monoenergetic images)
Purchase one-time access:Academic and Personal
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Radiologist’s role in breast cancer staging: providing key information for clinicians.Radiographics. 2014; 34: 330-342
- Dual-energy CT of the abdomen.Abdom. Imaging. 2014; 39: 108-134
- Dual energy CT: preliminary observations and potential clinical applications in the abdomen.Eur. Radiol. 2009; 19: 13-23
- Performance of today’s dual energy CT and future multi energy CT in virtual non-contrast imaging and in iodine quantification: a simulation study.Med. Phys. 2015; 42: 4349-4366
- Image quality and radiation dose of high-pitch dual-source spiral cardiothoracic computed tomography in Young Children with congenital heart disease: comparison of non-electrocardiography synchronization and prospective electrocardiography triggering.Korean J. Radiol. 2018; 19: 1031-1041
- Dual-energy computed tomography angiography of the head and neck with single-source computed tomography: a new technical (Split filter) approach for bone removal.Invest. Radiol. 2016; 51: 618-623
- Low radiation dose in computed tomography: the role of iodine.Br. J. Radiol. 2017; 90 (20170079)
- Circle of Willis at CT angiography: dose reduction and image quality--reducing tube voltage and increasing tube current settings.Radiology. 2007; 242: 832-839
- Advanced virtual monoenergetic computed tomography of hyperattenuating and hypoattenuating liver lesions: ex-vivo and patient experience in various body sizes.Invest. Radiol. 2015; 50: 695-702
- Multisection CT protocols: sex- and age-specific conversion factors used to determine effective dose from dose-length product.Radiology. 2010; 257: 158-166
- The measurement of observer agreement for categorical data.Biometrics. 1977; 33: 159-174
- Virtual monochromatic spectral imaging with fast kilovoltage switching: improved image quality as compared with that obtained with conventional 120-kVp CT.Radiology. 2011; 259: 257-262
- Virtual monochromatic spectral imaging for the evaluation of hypovascular hepatic metastases: the optimal monochromatic level with fast kilovoltage switching dual-energy computed tomography.Invest. Radiol. 2012; 47: 292-298
- Virtual monochromatic imaging in dual-source dual-energy CT: radiation dose and image quality.Med. Phys. 2011; 38: 6371-6379
- Objective and subjective image quality of liver parenchyma and hepatic metastases with virtual monoenergetic dual-source dual-energy CT reconstructions: an analysis in patients with gastrointestinal stromal tumor.Acad. Radiol. 2014; 21: 514-522
- Dual-layer detector CT of chest, abdomen, and pelvis with a one-third iodine dose: image quality, radiation dose, and optimal monoenergetic settings.Clin. Radiol. 2018; 73: 1058 e1021-1058 e1029
- Virtual monoenergetic reconstruction of contrast-enhanced CT scans of the abdomen and pelvis at 40 keV improves the detection of peritoneal metastatic deposits.Abdom. Radiol. (NY). 2019; 44: 422-428
- Use of a noise optimized monoenergetic algorithm for patient-size independent selection of an optimal energy level during dual-energy CT of the pancreas.J. Comput. Assist. Tomogr. 2017; 41: 39-47
- Initial results of a single-source dual-energy computed tomography technique using a split-filter: assessment of image quality, radiation dose, and accuracy of dual-energy applications in an in vitro and in vivo study.Invest. Radiol. 2016; 51: 491-498
- Comparison of image quality and radiation dose between split-filter dual-energy images and single-energy images in single-source abdominal CT.Eur. Radiol. 2018; 28: 3405-3412
- A noise-optimized virtual monoenergetic reconstruction algorithm improves the diagnostic accuracy of late hepatic arterial phase dual-energy CT for the detection of hypervascular liver lesions.Eur. Radiol. 2018; 28: 3393-3404
- Dual-energy CT quantitative imaging: a comparison study between twin-beam and dual-source CT scanners.Med. Phys. 2017; 44: 171-179